Hire me to create creative and concise copy for a website, blog, or print materials, or, hire me to design and build your website, blog, or print materials from scratch. I'm a Squarespace Circle member and can build your website for you on a platform that's easy to self-manage post-launch.
Writing & Editing
- Content creation: Including articles for print or digital media, blog posts, featured stories for website landing pages utilizing targeted SEO, press releases, and event information (sponsorship packets, posters, fliers, etc.).
- Copywriting: Including marketing copy and SEO rich content geared towards sales and subscriptions.
- Curriculum writing & planning: Program plans, outlines, and guidance for classrooms and after-school programs in English, STEM, and fine arts subject matter.
- Editing: Editing and proofreading for all mediums, including grants.
- Ghostwriting & Co-writing: Content creation for fiction, non-fiction, and narrative-nonfiction works, as well as assistance in planning, outlining, and researching projects.
- Grant writing & reporting: Fundraising materials for corporate, private, and public grant opportunities. With eight years experience in non-profit development, I can also assist with grant research and identifying well-matched RFP's for your organization.
- Proposal writing: Including proposals for business ventures and non-profits.
- Resume editing & formatting.
- Technical writing: Including manuals, web copy, and supporting documents for products and services.
I've crafted introductions on influential women for essay collections, critical think pieces on fiction, poetry curriculum for at-risk youth, neighborhood guides for luxury real estate firms, press releases for non-profit events, grants that have garnered thousands of dollars in funding from both private and public institutions. Along with a BA in English and an MA in English Education, I have over ten years of professional experience in writing, editing, and teaching.
Web Design, Building & Maintenance
I'll do the hard part and build you a beautiful, functional website in Squarespace or another template tool of your choice, then can either teach you to manage and edit the page so you're in full control going forward, or you can let me manage and maintain the site for you. I'm a Squarespace Circle web designer.
To learn more about what I have done and can do, view my work.
- A Towering Task: A Peace Corps Documentary (website design, build, and management)
- Absolute Love Publishing Co. (ghostwriting for Women Will Save the World)
- Austin Independent School District (curriculum planning for poetry unit and grant writing/reporting)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Austin Area (curriculum writing for after-school enrichment programs, grant proposals with $1 million annual goal, report documents. Over $2 million in awards.)
- Cloud Media LLC (web content editing)
- Demand Media (content creation for ehow.com, digital magazines, and blogs)
- Fiction Unbound (critical essays and reviews on speculative fiction)
- Future School of Fort Smith, AR (grant editing for The XQ Super School Project development phase application)
- Longmont Christian School (grant writing and RFP calendar build)
- Regent Property Group (content and copywriting for business blog and creation of content for Austin neighborhood guides)
- TLC Learning Center (grant proposals, report documents, blog, event materials, website creation and content, press releases, annual reports, social media)
- Venus Zine (book, music, film, and concert reviews, talent interviews)
- Wholesome Generation (grant proposals for start-up non-profit)